SIGMA-ALDRICH sigma-aldrich.com SAFETY DATA SHEET
according to Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006
GENERIC EU MSDS - NO COUNTRY SPECIFIC DATA - NO OEL DATA
1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE/MIXTURE AND OF THE COMPANY/UNDERTAKING
: Sigma-Aldrich (Shanghai) Trading Co.,Ltd
22A-B Century Ba-Shi Building, 398 Huai Hai Zhong Road 200020 SHANGHAI CHINA
2. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION Classification of the substance or mixture
According to Regulation (EC) No1272/2008 Reproductive toxicity (Category 1B)
According to European Directive 67/548/EEC as amended. May cause harm to the unborn child.
May damage fertility or the unborn child.
IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention.
Avoid exposure - obtain special instructions before use.
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible).
Other hazards - none
Sigma - F4381
3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
5-(Aminosulfonyl)-4-chloro-2-([2-furanylmethyl]amino)benzoic acid 4-Chloro-N-furfuryl-5-sulfamoylanthranilic acid
Furosemide 54-31-9 200-203-6
For the full text of the H-Statements mentioned in this Section, see Section 16.
4. FIRST AID MEASURES General advice Consult a physician. Show this safety data sheet to the doctor in attendance. If inhaled If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration Consult a physician. In case of skin contact Wash off with soap and plenty of water. Consult a physician. In case of eye contact Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and consult a physician. If swallowed Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water. Consult a physician.
5. FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES Suitable extinguishing media Use water spray, alcohol-resistant foam, dry chemical or carbon dioxide. Special protective equipment for fire-fighters Wear self contained breathing apparatus for fire fighting if necessary.
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES Personal precautions Use personal protective equipment. Avoid dust formation. Avoid breathing dust. Ensure adequate ventilation. Evacuate personnel to safe areas. Environmental precautions Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Do not let product enter drains. Methods and materials for containment and cleaning up Pick up and arrange disposal without creating dust. Keep in suitable, closed containers for disposal. 7. HANDLING AND STORAGE Precautions for safe handling Avoid formation of dust and aerosols.Avoid exposure - obtain special instructions before use. Provide appropriate exhaust ventilation at places where dust is formed. Normal measures for preventive fire protection. Conditions for safe storage Store in cool place. Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
Sigma - F4381
8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION Personal protective equipment Respiratory protection Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face particle respirator type N100 (US) or type P3 (EN 143) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator. Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Hand protection The selected protective gloves have to satisfy the specifications of EU Directive 89/686/EEC and the standard EN 374 derived from it.
Eye protection Safety glasses with side-shields conforming to EN166 Skin and body protection Choose body protection according to the amount and concentration of the dangerous substance at the work place. Hygiene measures Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Wash hands before breaks and immediately after handling the product.
9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES Appearance Safety data 10. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY Chemical stability Stable under recommended storage conditions. Conditions to avoid Avoid moisture. Light. Materials to avoid Strong oxidizing agents
Sigma - F4381 Hazardous decomposition products Hazardous decomposition products formed under fire conditions. - Carbon oxides, nitrogen oxides (NOx), Sulphur oxides, Hydrogen chloride gas
11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION Acute toxicity LD50 Oral - rat - 2.600 mg/kg Skin corrosion/irritation no data available Serious eye damage/eye irritation no data available Respiratory or skin sensitization no data available Germ cell mutagenicity
no data available Carcinogenicity
This product is or contains a component that is not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity based on its IARC, ACGIH, NTP, or EPA classification.
IARC: 3 - Group 3: Not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans (Furosemide)
Reproductive toxicity May cause congenital malformation in the fetus. Presumed human reproductive toxicant Specific target organ toxicity - single exposure no data available Specific target organ toxicity - repeated exposure no data available Aspiration hazard no data available Potential health effects Inhalation
May be harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May be harmful if absorbed through skin. May cause skin irritation.
Signs and Symptoms of Exposure To the best of our knowledge, the chemical, physical, and toxicological properties have not been thoroughly investigated. Additional Information RTECS: CB2625000
12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION Toxicity Persistence and degradability no data available
Sigma - F4381 Bioaccumulative potential no data available Mobility in soil no data available PBT and vPvB assessment no data available Other adverse effects no data available 13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS Product Observe all federal, state, and local environmental regulations. Contact a licensed professional waste disposal service to dispose of this material. Dissolve or mix the material with a combustible solvent and burn in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. Contaminated packaging Dispose of as unused product. 14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION ADR/RID Not dangerous goods
IMDG Not dangerous goods
IATA Not dangerous goods
15. REGULATORY INFORMATION
This safety datasheet complies with the requirements of Regulation (EC) No. 1907/2006.
16. OTHER INFORMATION Text of H-code(s) and R-phrase(s) mentioned in Section 3
May damage fertility or the unborn child.
Further information Copyright 2010 Sigma-Aldrich Co. License granted to make unlimited paper copies for internal use only. The above information is believed to be correct but does not purport to be all inclusive and shall be used only as a guide. The information in this document is based on the present state of our knowledge and is applicable to the product with regard to appropriate safety precautions. It does not represent any guarantee of the properties of the product. Sigma-Aldrich Co., shall not be held liable for any damage resulting from handling or from contact with the above product. See reverse side of invoice or packing slip for additional terms and conditions of sale.
Sigma - F4381
Tips van de Helpdesk – Februari 2011 Cobidoc helpdesk: - 0206880333 - Helpdesk@cobidoc.nl PNK VELD GEINTRODUCEERD IN MEERDERE DATABANKEN Er is een nieuw veld toegevoegd aan een aantal STN databanken, namelijk het PNK veld. PNK (Patent Number + Kind Code) voegt het octrooinummer en de status code samen in één veld. Wanneer men vroeger octrooinummers wilde overhevelen na
FARMERS’ WILLINGNESS TO CARRY OUT WILDLIFE HABITAT IMPROVEMENT ACTIONS - RESULTS OF A CVM EXPERIMENT *Istituto Nazionale per la Fauna Selvatica, Via Ca' Fornacetta 9, 40064 Ozzano Emilia (BO) ** Centro di Studio sulla Gestione dei Sistemi Agricoli e Territoriali (GeSTA) – CNR, via Fanin 50, 40127 Abstract Promotion of wildlife habitat improvement actions is a key issue in t