Site brasileiro onde você pode comprar qualidade e entrega viagra preço cialis barato em todo o mundo.
18 Mesothelioma PLR Articles
18 Mesothelioma PLR Articles
Title:10 Options in Treating Mesothelioma
Summary:As with any cancer, treatment for Mesothelioma depends on the location of the cancer, theprogression of the disease, the age as well as state of health of the patient.
Keywords:Health Forum, health care, Children’s Health Issues, addiction, Cancer, fitness equipment,Burns & Injuries
Article Body:As with any cancer, treatment for Mesothelioma depends on the location of the cancer, theprogression of the disease, the age as well as state of health of the patient.
It is the oncologist who specializes in the disease who will decide on the line of treatment. Thedisease is difficult to treat and in most cases the prognosis is poor. Treatment options include:
1. If the diagnosis is done in the early stages surgery may be recommended to remove allcancerous tissues. This means thoracoscopy, VATS or video assisted thoracic surgery,mediastinoscopy (used for staging), or laproscopy. Often, doctors will advise palliativeprocedures like chest tube drainage and pleurodesis, thoracoscopy and pleurodesis,pleuroperitonial shunt, or pleurectomy, which treat the symptoms of mesothelioma rather thanthe disease.
2. Radiation is prescribed aggressively for mesothelioma patients and is often given incombination with surgery or in order to control symptoms, palliatively. Research on usingradiation therapy using implants or UV light therapy is in progress as traditional radiationtherapy damages surrounding healthy tissue.
3. Chemotherapy is an option and around 12-20% of patients respond to the drugs.
Anti-cancer drugs destroy cancer cells and prevent their spread. In mesothelioma,chemotherapy is not considered to be curative. The aim is to prevent spread of the disease;
shrink the tumor prior to surgery, known as neoadjuvant therapy; to annihilate any remains ofthe tumor in the body post surgery; and to relieve pain and other discomfort, palliativechemotherapy. Experts recommend prescribing premetrexed along with cisplastin. These drugshave shown positive results and this is now standard care for Mesothelioma not treatable bysurgery.
4. Biological therapy using interleukin 2.
5. Immunotherapy where the bodyís own immune system is stimulated to fight the disease.
Biological response modifiers, BRMs, are used in treatment. These enhance the functions of theimmune system; regulate metabolic reactions that promote growth of cancers; alter cancer celldivision; block or reverse processes that lead to formation of cancers; and prevent spread ofcancer.
6. Gene therapy, where attempts are made to correct the gene sequence that causes thecancer. This is of two kinds, replacement gene therapy and knockout gene therapy.
7. Administration of lovastatin, a cholesterol lowering drug.
8. Photodynamic treatment where a photosensitive medication is activated using a laser. Thisis done during the surgical removal of cancerous tissues.
9. Draining of fluid in the chest or abdominal cavity followed by introduction of medications intothe cavity to prevent fluid accumulation is done for patients who have uncontrolled fluidaccumulation and intense discomfort stemming from it.
10. Combination therapy or Trimodal therapy which means surgery accompanied by radiationand chemotherapy.
Often, complementary medicines are also used. Termed to be holistic this kind of treatmentfocuses on a patientís physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well being.
In the case of Mesothelioma which is untreatable one can opt for clinical trials of new treatmentsthat are in progress in several research laboratories and centers. The best advice on the line oftreatment would be that recommended by the oncologist or physician.
SUPER VIP DOWNLOAD – PLR Article
KELOWNA PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT & AWARENESS GROUP NEWSLETTER OKANAGAN PROSTATE RESOURCE CENTRE SOCIETY Okanagan Prostate Resource Centre CCS Cancer Information Line – 1-888-939-3333 Publisher/Editor – Bren Witt VOLUME 14 - ISSUE 17 - (NUMBER 173) - MAY 2012 After taking the month of March off so my wife Yvonne and I could be in Saskatoon
Iran Daily April 26, 2006 Healthy Bones Robo-Turtle Answers Flippery Questions There are more than 200 bones in the body. Their strength, den- cially vitamin D, magnesium and phosphorous. These are abundant insity and mobility are vital to enable physical movement and pro-nuts, seeds, soya produce and wholegrains. * Include lots of phytoestrogens in your diet. These plant