835 Worcester Street • Indian Orchard, MA 01151 • 413-439-0609
Pediatric Drug Dosages
• Below are recommended doses for several common products.
• All doses are determined by weight not age
• Always check the label for the type of medicine you are giving as well as to
• If you have any questions as to the correct dosage, please call us during office
• Make sure you do not mix medicines containing the same components (Tylenol &
• Call the office before giving any medication to infants less than 3 months old.
• Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) cannot be given to infants less than 6 months old.
• Acetaminophen maybe given every 4 hours as needed.
• Ibuprofen maybe given every 6-8 hours as needed.
• POISON CONTROL: (800) 222-1222
is the main ingredient in Tylenol®
Acetaminophen is used as a pain reliever and fever reducer. It should NOT be used in
children under 2 months of age. The following products can be used every 4- 6 hours as
is the active ingredient in Advil®
Ibuprofen is used to decrease pain and swelling and to reduce fevers. It should not be used in children less than 6 months old without discussing first with your practitioner.
All of these products can be given every 6-8 hours as needed.
Acetaminophen is the main ingredient in FeverAll
Suppositories are absorbed less consistently than an oral dose and suppositories are
meant for short-term use (just while your child can't tolerate oral intake). Doses are
every 4-6 hours
(diphenhydramine) is used for hives and to reduce the itchiness associated
with certain rashes. Benadryl can be given every 6-8 hours as needed.
Colds and Coughs
Please remember these are guidelines, follow the manufacturer's label on all products.
We do NOT recommend the use of decongestants, cough suppressants, or other over-
the-counter cold medications in children under 2 years of age. If you choose to use
these products for your older child, please visit the manufacturers' websites for more information on their products.
It is also important to know how to convert teaspoons to milliliters.
• 1 ½ tsp = 7.5 ml = 7.5 cc = 1/2 tbsp
This content is reviewed periodically and is subject to change as new health information becomes available. The information is intended to inform and educate and is not a replacement for medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional.
Sari Pediatri, Vol. 6, No. 3, Desember 2004Sari Pediatri, Vol. 6, No. 3, Desember 2004: 125-128Penggunaan Sildenafil pada Anak dengan HipertensiPulmonal Sri Endah Rahayuningsih, Nono Sumarna, Armijn Firman, Dani Kurnia Hipertensi pulmonal merupakan penyakit yang jarang akan tetapi mempunyai tingkat mortalitas yang tinggi. Peran vasodilator, menurut beberapa penelitian dapat meningkatkan surv
BREAST CANCER SOLUTIONS Mailing Address: 3843 S. Bristol Street #152, Santa Ana, CA 92704-7426 phone: 866.960.9222 fax: 866.781.6068 website: www.breastcancersolutions.org CLIENT APPLICATION BCS provides support for individuals living in Orange County, San Diego County, and Inland Empire who are going through breast cancer treatment, and whose income and/or expenses are significantly