Central Valley Society of Health System Pharmacists Meeting Minutes
Meeting Date: Tuesday, July 1st, 2008 Time: 6:30 – 8:00PM Location: Doctors Medical Center, Conference Room 1, Modesto
Members in Attendance: Andrea Hinton, Bill Yee, Minnie Virk, Harminder Nahal, Koob Vang, Linda Truong, Thu-Anh Le, Gilbert Castillo,
Kelli Haase, Dean Pham, Nicole Gordon, Martin Tuan Tran, Ruth Rodgers, Erin Sugiyama, Jered Arquiette Presenters/Guests:
Minutes approved for June with minor changes.
Koob presented the financial report for Kate:
1) Kate has renewed both CVSHP CDs; she will provide detail during
2) Current net income at $18,537.66 with a projected expense of
1) CSHP has implemented new payment system in which members
will pay monthly instead yearly membership fees. Currently CSHP
is looking for volunteers to test the new system.
2) Seminar 2010 will be held at Hilton in San Francisco in October.
3) Registration is now open for seminar 2008 at Anaheim.
4) Legislative day was very successful, CSHP in talks with CPhA to
have a joint legislative day next year in April.
1) CE on depression/anxiety on June 25th at Waterloo Restaurant
was successful event. Approximately 75 people attended.
2) CE on August 26th, 2008 at Le Bistro in Stockton on overview of
Bystolic and treatment of hypertension by Forest Pharmaceuticals.
1) CSHP-Pacific has confirmed the following dates with ASP:
a. Installation dinner on Monday January 26th, 2009
b. Welcome back BBQ Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008
2) Residency showcase at Pacific on June 19th, 2008 was
successful, approximately 150 students attended.
3) There were 4 pharmacists and 64 student volunteers at the
Mayfair Church Health Fair on June 28th, 2008.
4) Linda asked if Koob or Bill be able to attend the CSHP-Pacific
general meeting on Thursday July 17th, to award the CVSHP
Membership: Dean has contacted via email all of the pharmacists and
recently graduated pharmacy students whose memberships have either expired or is about to expire. CVSHP target date for membership is September 7th to pick the delegates.
Stockton Ports game on Saturday, June 28th, 2008
1. Only 15 members attended the game 2. It was recommended that all board officers should commit to the
3. Ruth Rodgers recommended setting up games or events together
4. Allow members to vote on different ideas for events on the
1. Hutchins Street Square holds 500 people, the rent is $1200
2. Stockton Grand Hotel: the rent is $1000 for the conference room;
Koob will contact them to hold this for January 26th 2009 in case we don’t find anything else.
Scholarship application was voted on and approved for one pharmacy
school student. It will be awarded at CSHP-Pacific general meeting on July 17th to Kristin Fong.
September 2nd at Pacific, CVSHP meeting will take place after the BBQ
Food will be donated to Stockton Food Bank
Minnie called Oak Park about having the event held there. Person-in-
August 5th, 2008, 6:30 pm at Lodi Memorial Hospital Boardroom
Respectfully submitted by Harminder Nahal
Cherry Garcia and the End of Socialized Medicine The new pharmacopoeia offers people too much knowledge and control for one-size-fits-all health care to cope with. Peter W. Huber Autumn 2007 O n June 19, 1987, Ben & Jerry’s introduced Cherry Garcia, in honor of the man who played lead guitar for the Grateful Dead. The Food and Drug Administration struck back three months lat
PARAMÈTRES FONDAMENTAUX ET PARAMÈTRES DE SURVEILLANCE DES USAGERS ADULTES RECEVANT DES ANALGÉSIQUES NARCOTIQUES − Évaluer les paramètres de surveillance des narcotiques avant l’administration d’un médicament narcotique, à son pic d’action* , au moins q 1 h x 2 après le pic d’action et à chaque fois qu’un médicament narcotique est administré. En plus, év