6 of 6 wisdompartnerdds post surgical pain care and irrigation form foust
Dr Foust (832) 600-6878
R.T.Foust, D.D.S., P.L.L.C.
General Dentist Providing Oral Surgery
POST SURGICAL PAIN CARE AND IRRIGATION INSTRUCTIONS
POST SURGICAL PAIN CARE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Most patients are prescribed 600 - 800 mg of Ibuprofen (the generic name for Advil or Motrin). 800
mg of Ibuprofen is the equivalent of taking 4 over the counter Advil or Motrin pills. As soon as the feeling starts to come back to your mouth, it is recommended that you take 600 or 800 mg of Ibuprofen with food.
a. Wait for 3 hours after taking Ibuprofen. If you still feel pain, take two
500 mg tablets of
Extra Strength Tylenol for a total of 1000 mg of Tylenol.
b. Wait for 3 more hours, then you may take another 800 mg of Ibuprofen.
Wait for 3 more hours, then you may take another 1000 mg of Tylenol and so on.
2. As indicated above, you will be staggering
your pain medication and switching from Ibuprofen to
Tylenol every 3 hours as needed for pain. This means that every 6 hours you are taking Ibuprofen and every 6 hours you are taking Tylenol, but since you are staggering the medications, you are switching medication every 3 hours.
3. If you have never taken Hydrocodone, it is advised that you don’t take it the night of your surgery
simply because it may make you sick to your stomach (side effect), and could make it hard for you to sleep. In addition if you have had IV Sedation
4. If you had your wisdom teeth removed with IV Sedation do not take your Hydrocodone
prescriptions the day of your wisdom teeth removal.
5. ALWAYS TAKE PAIN MEDICATIONS WITH FOOD OR A HIGH CARBOHYDRATE HIGH
PROTEIN DRINK (ENSURE, MILKSHAKE, ECT) EVEN IF YOU DON’T FEEL HUNGRY.
6. IF HYDROCODONE (Norco, Lortab, Vicodin) makes you sick to your stomach TAKE TYLENOL
INSTEAD AS INDICATED ABOVE.
7. Remember that pain medications are only to be taken as needed. If pain is manageable
without medication then stop taking your pain medication.
a. For example: If you feel that 800 mg of Ibuprofen is too much after a couple of days, you
may break the pill in half. You do not have to stagger Ibuprofen and Tylenol, or Ibuprofen and Hydrocodone until all your pain pills have been taken.
b. Depending on your tolerance, you may not have to take Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or
Hydrocodone (Norco, Lortab, Vicodin) at all after your surgery.
POST SURGICAL IRRIGATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE IRRIGATE YOUR EXTRACTION SITES WITH YOUR
MONOJECT SYRINGE UNTIL DAY 3 AFTER YOUR SURGERY (COUNT THE DAY OF
SURGERY AS DAY 1) OR YOU MAY GIVE YOURSELF A DRY SOCKET.
a. To learn more about dry socket, please visit www.wisdompartnerdds.com -> FAQ -> What
On day 3 (include the day of your surgery for counting down the days), fill your monoject
syringe with warm salted water (Add 1/4 teaspoon table salt to an 8 ounce glass of warm water)
Peridex (a prescription mouth rinse) and inject 4 full tubes forcefully in your lower extraction
sites 2x a day morning and night stopping after 2 weeks.
a. You are simply washing away any food debris that may be in your extraction sites. b. Any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about your procedure please visit
1. Identification —An acute viral disease of the respiratory tract characterized by fever, headache, myalgia, prostration, coryza, sore throatand cough. Cough is often severe and protracted; other manifestations areself-limited in most patients, with recovery in 2–7 days. Recognition iscommonly by epidemiological characteristics (current quick tests lacksensitivity); only laboratory procedur
New York State Office Of General Services Procurement Services Group Corning Tower Building Empire State Plaza Albany, New York 12242 http://www.ogs.state.ny.us PURCHASING MEMORANDUM AWARD NUMBER: PLEASE ADDRESS INQUIRIES TO: GROUP: 10200 - Pharmaceutical STATE AGENCIES & CONTRACTORS CONTRACT PERIOD: May 1, 2003 - CONTRACTOR: CONTRACT NO.: