Pre-procedure Instructions For Mammosite Placement
Thank you for choosing Dr. Canavan for your breast care. Please read the following pre-procedure instructions:
1. If you take prescription medications that thin the blood, such as
Coumadin (Warfarin), Lovenox (Enoxaparin), Heparin, Aspirin, Plavix (Clopidogrel), please discuss this with Dr. Canavan prior to scheduling your procedure. Some may need to be stopped or changed 5 days prior to your procedure. Clarify your specific medication instructions with Dr. Canavan.
2. If you take over-the-counter medications that thin the blood, such as
Vitamin E (alone or in multivitamins), Aspirin, Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), please stop these medications at least 3 days prior to your procedure. Additional herbs or supplements that may thin the blood and need to be stopped include, but are not limited to Chondroitin, cranberry juice, Dong quai, Evening primrose oil, Feverfew, fish oil (Omega products), Garlic, Ginger, Ginkgo, Ginseng (American and Siberian, Panax), Glucosamine, Grape seed extract, Green tea, Horny goat weed (Epimedium), Horse chestnut, Melatonin, Saw palmetto, Soy and St. John’s wort.
3. For the above listed medications, please wait to resume taking until
you have seen Dr. Canavan for your post-procedure examination. Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) is an exception and is included in your post-procedure instructions to take for discomfort if needed.
4. Please wear or bring a supportive bra. You will need to wear this at
all times after the mammosite is placed.
5. Please do not wear white or light colored clothing to your procedure
appointment. Cleaning agents that we may use can stain clothing.
6. If you have family members or friends accompany you to the visit,
please be aware that they will not be allowed to remain in the room during the procedure.
7. If you have any pre-procedure questions, please call the office at 972- 562-5999. Post-procedure Instructions For Mammosite
Thank you for choosing Dr. Canavan for your breast care. Please read the following post-procedure instructions:
1. Keep catheter site clean and dry. 2. Wear a supportive bra at all times. 3. Reinforce/apply new gauze over existing dressing if it
becomes saturated – do not remove existing dressing.
4. Do not shower (sponge bath only.) 5. Do not remove any caps from the ends of the catheter. 6. Do not lift or carry heavy objects, raise your affected arm
above your head or sleep on the side of the mammosite.
7. Your local anesthetic will be effective for approximately 45
minutes. After that time, Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) should control your discomfort. Should you experience uncontrollable discomfort, please contact our office.
8. Should you notice any signs or symptoms of infection:
Redness or red streaks on the treated breast
Swelling or warmth in the treated breast
Sudden drainage of a large amount of fluid from the catheter site (a small amount of thin clear or reddish drainage is expected)
Foul odor or a creamy, pale yellow or yellow-green drainage from the catheter site
Or if you have any other concerns, Please contact our office at 972-562-5999.
Tooth whitening can be a highly effective, yet very simple way, of lightening the colour of teeth without removing any of the tooth surface. It cannot make a colour change, but lightens the existing colour. In a live tooth the dentist applies the whitening product using a specially made tray which fits into the mouth like a gum shield. The active ingredient in the product is norma